Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dilution Problem #1

In order to achieve the solution i had to try several times to finally get it right. First i tried filling the remainder of the glucose beaker with water but it did not dilute it enough. I figured out that i had to get a large sized beaker from the stockroom and equip it with a pipette. i used the pipette to suck out a few drops of glucose, (~ 10ml) and put it in the beaker. i the placed the water tank over the beaker and set my distribution amount to 20ml and titrated it in at a steady rate until the molarity went down to 0.025.

1 comment:

  1. Jon - I'm struck by how detailed you wrote your procedure for diluting the glucose. I could easily follow your instructions and try this lab on my own. I am curious as to how much water you needed to add before the molarity diluted to 0.025M. Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete