Friday, July 23, 2010

Reflection

Summer School:
Over the past three weeks I think that i have really tried my hardest to do the best that I could. I studied, kept organized, paid attention and participated to the best of my ability. I even tried to do the extra credit when i had extra time. I have gotten full credit on most of my assignments and I am confident that I will get an A in the class. All in all, I am proud of myself for being disciplined and responsible, which is a struggle that I overcame in order to be where I am now


Grading System:
The accumulation grading system is an interesting way to publish grades but as long as i get my good grade in the end I'm cool with anything. I think that the grading system doesn't really matter because i would have tried my best either way.

Hands-on Labs:
I liked how the hands on labs work and i wish we could have done more of them. I had fun with the solutions lab even when we recorded data. I liked how it was way more interactive than that chemcollective bs. With the pH lab i was fascinated by watching the testing strips react with the acids right before my eyes. I got a better understanding of how the pH scale worked. I am pro at writing lab reports and i think that i am completely prepared for doing them next year. I try my hardest to write a good lab report and i am proud of my work when i am finished. I don't think I have been very social in this class and I am worried about working in a larger class with more distractions and more students.

ChemCollective Virtual Labs:
I liked how in the virtual lab it was easy to transfer exact amounts of chemicals into containers with other chemicals. I did not have to worry about spilling or measuring certain amounts. I did not like how the Virtual Lab was organized because the problem descriptions demanded results in a confusing way. I was frustrated by how the graphics showed every single chemical compound in a boring white color and it was easy to mix up the flasks. I think that doing a real life hands-on experiment would be much more beneficial because of several aspects it does not include such as teamwork and consequences for over pouring or mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment