Friday, July 23, 2010

Post Test

What skills do I need in order to be successful in 11th grade?
In order to be successful in 11th grade I know that I must be very responsible. When it comes to homework I need to have good study habits. Homework needs to come before hanging out. I plan on staying after school when the need arises. Previously I have made the mistake of neglecting to do homework and I let the work pile up. However, I have learned my lesson from slacking off and i believe that now I am responsible and disciplined enough to buckle down and keep high grade all year long. Another skill I will need for next year is to be able to communicate with my teachers. I would like to be able to talk to my teachers on a man to man level. I believe that if this is accomplished then I can comfortably approach them and state my concerns. Organization will also be a skill I will need. My organization skills have greatly improved over this past year and i can completely stay on top of my homework assignments by simply writing down each nights homework so i can check back in case i forget.

How is Chemistry similar to Math?
Chemistry is similar to math because nearly all to the work is done using formulas and calculators. When solving molarity problems, I used the formula used to find the molarity by plugging in the given numbers from each problem and calculating it out in order to find the desired answer. If i am given the number of mole and the amount of liters i can divide moles by liters to find the molarity of any solution. For the dilution problems I used the formula; C1xV1=C2xV2. With this formula I was given usually three givens and by plugging them in and getting the unknown by itself I can solve for the missing number. When calculating pH I used logarithms. Logarithms are notorious for being extremely difficult but i found them to be quite simple once I understood the concept. It is all done on a calculator using the log key. Knowing how to do this makes solving exponents much easier as well as calculating pH using just the molarity. Scientific notation is another concept that is used. Scientific notation makes very small decimals or very large number compact and easy to read.

How is writing a Lab Report like writing a 5-paragraph essay? Like the Habits of Mind?
Writing a lab report is similar to writing a 5-paragraph essay because of how it is organized into parts. Both include an intro and a conclusion and keep all of the important and detailed information in the middle.Scientific notation is another concept that is used. Scientific notation makes very small decimals or very large number compact and easy to read. Leaving answers in terms of scientific notation keeps my answers organized and simpler to understand. Using the Lab Report format is a standard yet effective way to record and reflect on the steps that you took in conducting an experiment. Though writing so much may seem tedious at times but do enjoy taking my time and thinking about all of the knowledge i gained in a lab. I think that in writing lab reports it can be organized in multiple ways while still remaining functional. If the situation call for it, i think that the procedure and the data section could be combined in order to accurately depict how the results were attained.


No comments:

Post a Comment